Professional Windows Cleaning Solutions Recipe
Making Carpet Cleaner Recipes
- Make a carpet cleaner and conditioner. This carpet cleaner and conditioner is the most similar to a commercial cleaner, and it will leave your carpet clean, fresh, soft, and smelling great. To make this cleaner, combine in a bucket:
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of liquid laundry detergent
- ¼ cup (59 ml) of liquid all-purpose cleaner
- 1 scoop of OxiClean
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of fabric softener
- 1 gallon (3.8 L) of hot water
- Create an aromatic non-toxic cleaner. For families with kids and pets, non-toxic cleaners are often high on the priority list, especially for things that get used every day like your carpets. To make a non-toxic carpet cleaner that also smells great, mix together:
- 1 cup (235 ml) of white vinegar
- 2 cups (470 ml) of water
- 2 teaspoons (13 g) of salt
- 15 drops of essential oil, such as lemon, lavender, or pine
- Use window cleaner to make a simple solution. Window cleaner isn't just for windows anymore, and you can actually mix it with water to make a cheap and effective carpet cleaner for the house, car, and elsewhere.
- To make this cleaner, simply mix equal parts hot water and a window cleaner, such as Windex.
- Try a stronger ammonia-based cleaner. Ammonia cleaners are more powerful than typical cleaners, but you have to be careful with them because ammonia is corrosive and can damage your skin, eyes, lungs, and certain materials. Put on some gloves, and carefully combine in a bucket:
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of liquid dish detergent
- ¼ cup (59 ml) of ammonia
- ¼ cup (59 ml) of vinegar
- 3 gallons (11 L) of water
- Try an easy lemon and peroxide cleaner. Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful cleaner, and lemon is a grease-cutting cleaner that makes everything smell great. These two simple ingredients can be combined to make a homemade carpet cleaner. To make this cleaner:
- Pour ¾ cup (176 ml) of hydrogen peroxide to a bucket
- Add 1½ cups (352 ml) of water
- Add 5 drops of lemon essential oil
- Stir to combine
- Make a basic powdered cleaner. Powdered carpet cleaners are great for spills and greasy stains, and you can make your own powdered cleaning solution at home too. For a basic powdered cleaner for the carpet, combine in a small bowl:
- 1 cup (220 g) of baking powder
- 1 cup (110 g) of corn starch
- 5 bay leaves, crushed (for smell)
- A sprinkle of dried potpourri, crushed (optional)
- Whip up a batch of borax and baking soda cleaning powder. For an even more powerful cleaner and deodorizer, try making a dry baking soda and borax powder. You can also add your favorite herbs or flowers to the mix to customize the smell. To make this cleaner, combine in a bowl:
- 1 cup (409 g) of borax
- 1 cup (220 g) of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) of dried herbs or flowers
- 20 drops of essential oil
Cleaning the Carpet by Hand
- Transfer your cleaner to a spray bottle or shaker. To clean a carpet or spot by hand, you'll need to apply a thin and even layer of cleaner to the carpet. The easiest way to do this is to transfer a liquid cleaner to a spray bottle, or a dry cleaner to a shaker, which will give you good and even coverage.
- Stir your cleaning mixture before transferring it to make sure all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Do a spot test. It’s always important to test new cleaning products on surfaces before applying them widely, especially when you're dealing with things like carpet, fabric, and upholstery. The spot test will ensure that the cleaner won’t damage the carpet or the color. To do the spot test:
- Pick an inconspicuous area of carpet, such as a corner or under furniture
- Spray or sprinkle some of the cleaner onto a small section of the carpet
- Wait 24 hours
- When the time is up, check the test spot for color-fastness, discoloration, or other damage
- Only proceed with cleaning if there's no damage to the carpet
- Spray or sprinkle the cleaner on affected areas. To spot clean stains and marks, apply a thin and even layer of cleaner to the area you want to clean. To clean the entire carpet, divide the carpet into three or four sections and clean one section at a time.
- When you're working in sections to clean an entire carpet, start at the farthest section from the door and work your way toward the door to avoid getting trapped.
- Let the cleaner soak in. Once the cleaner is on the carpet, let it sit for about 10 minutes. This will give liquid cleaners time to soak in, and powder cleaners time to absorb odors and stains.
- If you're pressed for time, it’s not strictly necessary to let the cleaner soak, but it will produce a cleaner carpet if you let it sit.
- Scrub the area. Use a carpet brush or other stiff-bristled brush to scrub the area where you’ve applied cleaner. This will help push the cleaner deeper into the carpet, and loosen dirt, debris, and other particles that are lodged in the fibers of the carpet.
- Once you’ve brushed the entire area, wait for about 30 minutes to let liquid cleaners dry completely.
- Vacuum. When liquid cleaners have had time to dry completely and powder cleaners have had time to absorb smells and stains, vacuum the carpet thoroughly. Go over the area two or three times to make sure you suck up all the dirt, debris, and excess powder.
- Once the carpet has been vacuumed, repeat with the other sections if you're cleaning the whole carpet.
How to cut glass bottles? What does thc do? What is gfe? How to apply for citizenship? What does the name ariana mean? How to find the owner of a property? What is the meaning of jeering? What does pedro mean? How to track airpod case? What is an isosceles triangle? How to get overdraft fees refunded? What does gpa mean? How to deal with stress? which of these is true of t-helper 1 cells What does tm mean? What is the meaning of nocturia? What marvel movies are coming out? What is the spiritual meaning of buzzards? What does don't tread on me mean? What does losing your mucus plug mean? What does masterbaiting mean? i am a ten year old who would work as a mommy's helper on weekends How to put ribbon on a tree? How to deep fry a turkey? How many tricks are in skateboarding? How to find the surface area of a pyramid? What dose nsfw mean? What is a narcissistic person? What does cfm stand for? What does dh mean in baseball? What does it mean to wire money? What is a witcher? How long did it take to develop the smallpox vaccine? What does technology mean? An idiom is whose meaning is different from the? What does scrum mean? What does danke mean? Why us made tricks are better? What does archive mean on facebook? What are the titans in attack on titan? How long to roast potatoes at 400? How to turn your tips on with uber? How to survive a nuclear bomb? What does facts mean? What are medicare wages and tips on w2?